When ordering from Packt Publishing, use
MPMAD50 when checking out for 50% off the eBook or
MPMAD30 for 30% of the print book.
PhoneGap is a useful and flexible tool that enables you to create complex hybrid applications for mobile platforms. In addition to the core technology, there is a large and vibrant community that creates third-party plugins that can take your app to the next level.
This book will guide you through the process of creating a complex data-driven hybrid mobile application using PhoneGap, web technologies, and third-party plugins.
What You Will Learn
- Construct build workflows that simplify complex application development
- Create accessible hybrid applications
- Automate code and user-interface testing
- Persist and query data using third-party database plugins
- Download and upload files to external servers
- Identify and fix performance issues
- Create icons and splash screens suitable for submission to app stores
- Publish your app to the Google Play and Apple iTunes stores
Interactive Snippet Playground
This book comes with an interactive snippet playground you can run on your own machine. If, however, you’d like to browse the snippets online, you can try the online snippet playground. Keep in mind that the chapters seven and higher will probably require Google Chrome. More information about the playground…